Shareholder FAQs

How do I contact the Halma Registrar?

Computershare Investor Services PLC
The Pavilions
Bridgwater Road
BS99 6ZZ
Tel: +44 (0) 370 707 1046
Fax: +44 (0) 370 703 6101

Downloadable forms

What shareholding issues should I contact the registrars about?
  • managing your shareholding online
  • checking your holding balance
  • transferring your shares
  • notifying a change of address
  • payment of dividends
  • notifying a change of bank details
  • notifying the death of a shareholder
  • reporting a lost, stolen or destroyed certificate
  • information about voting by proxy

Registrar's Investor Centre: Computershare

Can I check my Halma shareholding by phone?

Yes. Call Computershare’s Interactive Voice Response system on 0370 707 1046 to obtain your current holding balances or dividend payment details, to request forms or to talk to a Computershare adviser. Calls to this number are charged at the same rate as to an 01 or 02 number. Other telephone provider costs may vary. Lines are open 8:30am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday.

Can I opt in to electronic investor communications?

Yes. Shareholder communications, including the Annual Report and Accounts, are available on the Halma web site. You can opt to receive e-mail notification when documents and information become available instead of posted paper copies. You can set your preference at the Computershare Investor Centre web site.

What are dividends?

Dividends are the payments that Halma makes to its shareholders twice a year. To be entitled to a dividend, your name must be on the Halma share register on the relevant dividend record date. Shares sold before the ex-dividend date or bought after it are not entitled to that dividend.

When are my Halma dividends paid?

Check our Financial Calendar for twice-yearly dividend record dates and payment dates.

Can dividends be paid directly into my bank or building society account?

Yes. Contact our Registrars Computershare for a bank mandate form. Alternatively you can update your details by logging into your Investor Centre account.

Where do I get my dividend confirmation?

Dividend confirmations are issued each time we pay a dividend. Your dividend confirmation will be posted to you on each occasion. However, if you have signed up for electronic communications, you will receive an e-mail to your personal e-mail address to let you know that your dividend confirmation is available to view and download via Computershare. Please contact Computershare if you have any dividend confirmation queries.

Can I receive my dividends as shares?

Yes. Halma operates a Dividend Reinvestment Plan (DRIP). Register for the Halma ‘DRIP’ online by visiting the Computershare Investor Centre or by requesting an application form directly from Computershare.

Can I get a replacement for a lost dividend cheque?

Yes. Contact our Registrars, Computershare. Please note: there may be a charge to replace missing dividend cheques.

Can I get a replacement for lost share certificates?

Yes. The Registrars record your name, address and the number of shares you own. If your certificates are lost or stolen the Registrars can issue replacement certificates. Contact Computershare quoting your Shareholder Reference Number if possible. A record of the lost or stolen share certificate will be made to prevent it from being used and a letter of indemnity will be sent to you to sign. This is to protect Halma from the possible misuse of your certificate while it is not in your possession. A replacement share certificate will then be sent to you. There is a charge for this service.

Where do I find my Shareholder Reference Number?

Your Shareholder Reference Number is quoted on correspondence from Computershare, such as share certificates, dividend cheques, dividend confirmations or proxy cards.

Can I attend the AGM and vote?

All shareholders are welcome to attend the Halma AGM and vote on resolutions. See our AGM Information page. The AGM is an opportunity to vote on some Company decisions and to meet our directors and senior executives. Shareholders can ask any questions about the company.

What happened at the last AGM?

We publish the AGM announcements and proxy voting results on the AGM Information page.

How much are my Halma shares worth?

Calculate the value of your holding using our Shareholding Calculator.

How can I check Halma’s share price?

Our share price is listed on our web site home page and Share Chart.

Where can I find historical Halma share prices or dividends?

Our historical share price look-up tool is at the bottom of our Shareholding Calculator page. Historical dividends are listed on Dividend History

How many employees does Halma have?

As of March 2016, we had over 5,600 employees.

How many countries does Halma operate in?

We operate in more than 20 countries.

Is Halma a responsible business?

Investing in Halma shares meets the criteria of many professional and private investors who base their decisions on environmental, ethical and social considerations. Halma is a world leader in several key environmental technologies and has a reputation for honesty and integrity in its relationships with employees, customers, business partners and shareholders.

Check our Corporate Responsibility web pages to see how Halma handles environmental issues, staff relations, diversity, health and safety, human rights and ethics.

How can I keep up-to-date with Halma news?

Sign up to receive emails when financial news stories are issued and check our Connect with Us page for links to Halma news. 

Can I make a suggestion or complaint?

Yes. Our Shareholders’ views are important to us. Use the Feedback Form on this web site or send an email to

How can I buy and sell Halma shares?

You can buy and sell Halma shares through financial advisers, stockbrokers, banks or building societies, or online ‘share shops’. 

Why don’t I receive shareholder mailings?

You will not receive personal mailings if you have a nominee holding through an ISA or brokerage account. This is because you are not named on the Halma share register and do not have a share certificate. Contact your ISA provider or broker to obtain a statement of holding, receive annual reports, or vote at general meetings. 

If you have a joint shareholding, and are not the first-named shareholder on the register, you may not receive mailings in your name. Shareholder communications are normally sent to the first-named shareholder only.

Why have I received more than one Annual Report? How can I stop this?

This is probably because you have more than one shareholding. You can amalgamate your holdings free of charge by writing to our Registrars, Computershare, and quoting the Shareholder Reference Number for each holding. However, you cannot amalgamate a sole holding with a joint holding.

What is Halma’s stock exchange ticker symbol?

London Stock Exchange: HLMA

American Depositary Receipts: HLMLY

How can I transfer my shares?

If you wish to transfer shares into the name of another person or party, you may arrange a non-market transfer. Contact our Registrars, Computershare, for documentation and advice. They will send you a Stock Transfer Form for completion. Once received, forward the completed form to the relevant Computershare office together with the relevant share certificate(s).

What should I do if I change my name?

Notify a name change to Computershare in writing and provide evidence such as a copy of your marriage certificate or change of name by deed poll. You will also need to send your share certificate(s) for amendment.

What happens if a shareholder dies?

Contact our Registrars, Computershare, for documentation and advice.

What should I do if I suspect a scam?

If you are approached about a share scam, you should tell the FCA using the share fraud reporting form at This web site also provides information about the latest investment scams and how to recognise them. You can also call the Consumer Helpline on 0800 111 6768 (freephone) from 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday (except public holidays) and 9am to 1pm on Saturdays. If you are outside the UK call +44 20 7066 1000. Our registrars, Computershare, have further guidance about dealing with boiler room scams.